 General / 24019
24018  |  24020
Subject:
Another LEGO encounter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 15:37:13 GMT

Any day that I can wear my LEGOLAND windbreaker is a good day and any
day that I get to talk to people about LEGO when they notice my jacket
is a really good day...

Shopping in the mall on Friday night a young sales lady in a store asked
if I had been to LEGOLAND. She said that she had grown up with LEGO and
had just given most of her stash to a younger relative, but she had kept
"the pink stuff." She also told me that she had just missed an
opportunity to go to LEGOLAND with her church group.

I told her about LUGNET and I hope she's in here lurking somewhere.

This is about the 4th or 5th "encounter of the LEGO kind" that I've had
since I got my jacket in February. I also get people who notice (and
comment on) my Brickfest 2000 t-shirt. It seems that LEGO is about the
only brand/character apparel that people feel comfortable commenting on
(to me anyway) and I have had several nice conversations with strangers
about it. I point everybody I talk to towards LUGNET. Chris Busse has
been the only LUGNETer that I have run across (so far.)

SteveC
http://www.widomaker.com/~litehous/Pirate/index.html