 General / 23564
Re: Specs on Steve S. LEGO Studio wanted...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 19:35:20 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jason Rowoldt writes:
Hey Raphael, thanks for the reply.

1. What output is the movie in? Is it a proprietary format, or can you • output
it to be a .mpeg or .avi file?  If so, what resolution/size can you run
it/create it at?

The camera uses standard windows drivers. You can use premiere to grab stuff
if you want (and if the software that comes with it doesn't like you (or the
other way around, whatever)
BTW : for that price, I'd say that there is 50 for the cam, 80 for the
software (that could include a dumbed down version of premiere or similar
software - Lego branded, and the rest for the 4 bricks an the bottom of the
box)

What I meant by this, however, was: If I make this movie, can I put it on a
web site or a CD-ROM and give it to someone else?

Well if it's Quicktime,Mpeg or Windows Media Format(avi/asf) proably yes.
You said (besst guess) ..
that's appreciated, but uhhhh ... :) I kind of need to know specifically. When
it comes down to it, what do you use to PLAY the movies. Do you have to use the
LEGO movie studio, or can you just open it up in media player, quicktime,
realplayer, etc.?
Proably just Media-Player.

That's it.  My home computer is down right now or I would have made an • impulse
buy by now.  But now that I have time to think about it, I wanted to see if • it
was an open architecture . . . i.e. supported different input and output
formats.

I don't think it will be a case of thechincal probelms in regard to
distribution.

There might however be legal ones.
like, 'You can't make a commerical film with this product' etc. ( Which In
my view would be shame if true..)

some people are already trying to get the beast to work on Linux.
Have fun

Go penguin go!

Perahps we should lobby Lego in oredr to it beign the first toy manafacturer
to suppourt Linux :-).. But don't hold your breath, I belive Mac Owners are
still waiting for version of LEGO softawre for thier machines :-(

Alex

Thanks in advance,
Jason

happy hacking