 General / 23495
Re: Wear on click hinges
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 17:56:30 GMT

Yes, as a matter of fact, I have.

I bought a small tow truck, with a click hinge arm to tow the car.
I attached a car to the hook on the end of the arm, and put it in my
lego town. It has been there for six months, maybe even more (I think
it's more).

Well, yesterday, I noticed that the arm was not holding up the car
anymore, so I raised the arm (click hinges, remember), but it just fell
back to it's "rest" position. So I guess that click hinge was worn out,
not by much usage, but by constant stress during a long period of time.
So it can happen.

--Tobias

Jude Beaudin wrote:

Has anyone experienced worn out click hinges?

I am asking cause I hardly use mine but with all the new Mechs and ATST I am
worried in long term wear.

Jude

After all, what good is LEGO if you can't play with it?