 General / 2330
  Re: ThrowBots elements are cool

(...) It looks cool, yes, but I try to avoid sets with Technic figures, as I hardly ever use them. BTW, this sets seems to be the only one which has a special piece, a 1x1 round plate with ball joint connector. What purpose does this have in the (...) (26 years ago, 2-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: ThrowBots elements are cool

(...) Of course it is! :-) I was looking at Jim Hughes' Technica index, which listed it as "from 8232", or something. Fredrik (26 years ago, 2-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: ThrowBots elements are cool

(...) Ah. I got this set on mark-down, so I was pretty happy. It's funny -- I can never have enough mini-figs, but more than a few technic-guys are overkill. Maybe because they're more alike than minifigs. (...) You mean the piece that used to be (...) (26 years ago, 2-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: ThrowBots elements are cool

(...) That's an old maxifig hand. :) It also came in 6544 Shuttle Transcon 2 and an old space set 6901 Mobile Lab. (I'm sure there were others too.) (...) No, they're stickered. Great for red minifig dresses. --Todd (26 years ago, 2-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: ThrowBots elements are cool

(...) BTW & FYI & FWIW, the new version has a hole through the ball; the old maxifig-hands did not. Eric (26 years ago, 3-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: ThrowBots elements are cool

(...) Thanks for pointing this out. For LDraw, I'm working on the similiar 'towball with grabber' part (used in Divers sets as the robot arm claw), which has the same hole, I think. I should just make them all. Steve (26 years ago, 3-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)