 General / 23121
Re: Classic Space Shirts!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 19:34:14 GMT

All,

I have been using Cafepress.com for about a year and have had fantasic
results. Let me give a little overview of my experiences:

- Overall colors: TShirts seem to have the best straight color transfer
- Overall experience from screen to product: Very close
- TShirts: Look great at first, but after the first wash, they get MUCH more
dull and pretty much stay that way. Also, big designs on the front don't seem
to work as well as they do on the back. On the front, if you use a large
design, the breastplate area kind sags. I had a design that had a rectangle
right across the chest. After a few wash and wears, it looks like a really old
railroad box car...drooping in the middle. Save your money on these unless
they are one time wears, for an event or something. Save up and go get a real
silk screen made.
- Mousepads: STINK for the first week or so, and are the thin, cloth,
neopreane type. Colors seem a little more wacked on these than anything else.
Design hold up through use over time very well.
- Coffee Mugs: WOW! Just in case you didn't hear that...WOW! Some colors can
get a little jacked, but by far, really far, this is the best product. I have
never had a problem with the vividness of the design fading, design chipping,
etc. I have a bunch of different mugs and have been REALLY REALLY impress with
these.

Mark, I love the idea, you should apply it to the mugs!!

jake

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:

OOH, these look great!  One quick question, though, before I order one of
each -- did you get print samples from CP or order copies for yourself first
to make sure that the colors come out right, or are these a guess?  I'm not
concerned about the red, white, or black, but I'm concerned about the blue
and the yellow.  When I did the LUGNET logo T-shirts at CP, it took a few
passes to get the colors right.  The blue initially came out much darker • than
I was expecting, and the yellow came out much greener (less orange) than I
was expecting.