 General / 22974
Re: Lugnet Membership - Idea !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 15:08:07 GMT

In lugnet.general, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
In lugnet.general, Dejan Pavlovic writes:

Since I know that...Lugnet members  are buying/selling /trading
Lego...I  think it would be good idea if people could post comments
to member's  pages - something like feedback on eBay !

What do you think ?

Probably fits well with the longer-term plan for Lugnet... But it should
probably be far and away from the news area, since people's selling/buying
history isn't something that has any bearing on anything other than market
stuff.

Going off on more of a tangent, it might be useful someday to have a 'past
sales/auctions' section, to show what a seller has done in the past. Also
useful for pricing guides, since things like past auctions on places like Ebay
are lacking details aplenty...

First, I think the member should have to specifically enable these comments.
So that if I wanted to maintain the 'purity' of my member page, I could.

Don't know how to go about this one... certainly, if I had or expected bad
feedback, I'd probably disable the feedback feature, so it'd look like I had no
experience (which may be better than negative experience).

On the other hand, you'd have to have something to prevent other members from
providing feedback that wasn't valid. Otherwise if Joe was mad at Jane, (if
even for non-sale reasons, like they got into a huge flame in l.o-t.debate) Joe
could post negative feedback to Jane, tainting her record. In other words, it
becomes necessary for Lugnet to become a sale custodian, where people have to
register their sales with Lugnet... Again, it might follow the long-term plan,
but a lot will need to preceed this addition before it really works, I think...

Also, I would like this only if the comments could be a bit more descriptive
and substantial than the 80 characters (or whatever) that eBay allows.  I
allways have to enter stuff like "good buyer, paid and communicated very well!
I would do again" instead of "This buyer was top notch.  She contacted me
quickly, and paid by money order which was received three days after close of
auction.  After she received her LEGO, she left kind feedback right away.  I
would give her a 5 out of 6 stars (only because she didn't pay with paypal)."
Or something.

That'd be really good-- I'm thinking something additional, though... basically,
you'd have a whole feedback form... something like:

Form for the buyer:

Please rate:

Communication speed:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Ease of payment:      1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Shipping speed:       1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Packing condition:    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Item condition:       1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Item completeness:    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Overall satisfaction: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Comments: _______________________________

Form for the seller:

Please rate:
Communication speed:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Ease of payment:      1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Overall satisfaction: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Anyway, those are some thoughts...

This probably shouldn't be in lugnet.general... lugnet.admin or
lugnet.market.theory? ... Hmm... let's do both...

FUT admin, market.theory

DaveE