 General / 22883
Re: Aging pieces with printing and logos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 14:06:33 GMT

Tony Priestman wrote:

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000, Joakim Olsson (<G245MH.7o7@lugnet.com>) wrote at
13:27:49

Maybe it's just my pieces, being abused by my brohter? (Just wait until I
get hold of you...;-)

I have some original Space guys, from way back in 1979, and they are now
missing most of the logo off their chest, and also bricks which the
classic Space logo also look a bit thread-bare. The first thing to go is
the gold, so I suspect that there was something about the paint that
they used which made it more vulnerable to wear.

Needless to say, spacemen acquired more recently are treated with lots
more respect. Although I haven't gone as far as putting on gloves to
handle them yet :-)

--
Tony Priestman

Ditto for a lot of the really old castle minifigs.  A lot of the embossed
coat-of-arms on these figs has virtually faded away.  And my minifigs had
gotten virtually no play wear.

Gary Istok