 General / 22859
Re: Aging pieces with printing and logos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 13:27:49 GMT

Frank Filz wrote in message ...

I wonder if your space pieces had a lot more handling. I'd certainly • suspect
that of the minifigs.

Maybe the newer pieces got more "rough handling" after my younger brother
"inherited" the Lego collection(I went in to DA). He was not a Lego purist
as i was. I think he also could brake pieces apart to make them fit.
Arrrrghh.
He did not even bother to match the colors when building...

I have certainly seen some pretty old stickers in perfectly good condition. • I
suspect that so long at the pieces are kept in such a way that they didn't • get
too much shuffling against each other, that the stickers can last quite a
while.

My white 1*8 piece with sticker "S-21" and even the blue 1*4 sticker from
the Norton motorcycle looks more good than some of the newer space pieces...
The pieces have never been sorted in anyway, and they have allways been in
the same box with major "shuffling". (I rember that my mother did not like
the sound... 8 hours a day 7 days a week for 10 years ;-)

Maybe it's just my pieces, being abused by my brohter? (Just wait until I
get hold of you...;-)
/Joakim