 General / 22762
Re: DALU (Imitation LEGO)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 15:06:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jared Stewart writes:
Imitation castle-themed blocks and mini-figs, eh?  Where, pray tell, can one
find pictures or ordering information of these DALU blocks?  I have an
extensive collection of the old Mega Bloks and Tyco castle themes, and I find
them to be quite useful sources for my Lego castle creations, in spite of
their inferior manufacturing.

To the best of apparently anyone's knowledge on LUGNET, it's more rare than
probably anything else out there, with some possible exceptions that I have no
clue about.

The only place DALU has ever appeared is seemingly an Ebay auction last year,
right around late December. See http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=1258 for the
LUGNET discussion... That's also where the pictures you see on
http://members.nbci.com/legohead/clones.html were found. As I believe, those
were the only two pictures that the ebay seller had taken.

Someone also asked the seller for more info (I couldn't find that post on a
quick skim) and was told that indeed, there were no "DALU"'s or "LEGO"'s
printed on the studs, making it indicitive of a rip-off.

Anyway, my take on it was that it was a genuine rip-off rather than a fan-made
'hoax'... There just wasn't enough purpose in it for the amount of work that
needed to be done, IMHO... not to mention that usually hoax artists (especially
those this good) are keen to show off their work... from the two pictures
posted, barely any of the work that would have had to go into it was visible.

So how do you say play well in Arabic?

Dalu,
DaveE