 General / 22403
Re: Playability of RoboRiders?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 12:48:38 GMT

Hey Technic fans,

I know that a lot of you actually buy these Roboriders for parts, while I
bought them because I simply like the way they look, that's it. I also try
to coolect all 130 different wheels and that's not easy at all. So, those of
you who do not need their wheels, could you drop me an e-mail and let me
know if/which wheels you would sell/trade. I only need 14 more wheels to be
complete, but buying a box of wheels (8515) hardly supplies me with the
missing ones. So, if you have any useless wheels around (or don't care about
the picture), please let me know so that we could trade. It's so hard to get
all these talsiman wheels, argh!

TIA, Bye, Christian --- xTI@N.
LUGNet Member #479
The World is full of AFOLs - gech1@t-online.de

"David Simmons" <xenobuzz@onemain.com> wrote in message
I just bought three of the #8511 Frost for the trans-light blue spears and
other cool parts.  It was totally a parts buy.  I was especially happy to
note that the lids of the storage canisters can be used as wheels.  This • is
very cool, since they are the largest wheel we've seen lately compared the
big ones in #6989 Multi-Core Magnetizer.  Not only that, but the canisters
come in different colors, so the wheels will accordingly be in available • in
at least three colors.

I built the three sets and they're kinda neat looking, but unlike the
Throwbots, these guys don't seem to DO anything.  Frost doesn't even stand
up by itself, it needs a kickstand.  The wheel-firing feature is kinda
incongrous.  Do the other sets have more interesting actions?  I love this
line for the parts, but they seem even less interesting than Throwbots.
Comments?

Dave

--
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."  - • John
Lennon