 General / 22394
Re: Playability of RoboRiders?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 02:06:39 GMT

Agreed. If I had bought the Roboriders based on the first one I picked up
(Frost), I never would have gone for them at all. They are models and that's it.
There really isn't any playability with them. I, too, bought them for the parts,
but not the ones you think. Only Swamp's swords interested me. I sold off all
the rest of the weapons in bulk. The containers also make great storage for
parts of that color.  I can find any small coloered technic bits just by finding
the right color container.

So far I have 4x Lava, 2x Frost, 1x Swamp, 1x Dust. I have plans to get more of
them in bulk for all the cool technic parts. Of the 6, I'd say Dust and Lava are
my favorites due to the cool parts in them. Like Znap, they offer many cool
pieces that quite a few Mindstorms lovers will miss out on because they don't
think the Roboriders are worth their time to check out. The ones that Mindstorms
folks should look closely at: Dust, Onyx, Lava.

The only thing I don't like about the RoboRiders: the wheels. Those silly
creatures on the wheels prevent me from ever making use of them. Off to my
Brickbay sale they go....