 General / 22392
22391  |  22393
Subject:
Playability of RoboRiders?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 01:43:59 GMT

I just bought three of the #8511 Frost for the trans-light blue spears and
other cool parts.  It was totally a parts buy.  I was especially happy to
note that the lids of the storage canisters can be used as wheels.  This is
very cool, since they are the largest wheel we've seen lately compared the
big ones in #6989 Multi-Core Magnetizer.  Not only that, but the canisters
come in different colors, so the wheels will accordingly be in available in
at least three colors.

I built the three sets and they're kinda neat looking, but unlike the
Throwbots, these guys don't seem to DO anything.  Frost doesn't even stand
up by itself, it needs a kickstand.  The wheel-firing feature is kinda
incongrous.  Do the other sets have more interesting actions?  I love this
line for the parts, but they seem even less interesting than Throwbots.
Comments?

Dave

--
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."  - John
Lennon