 General / 22232
Re: New Poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 21:39:15 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.general, Kevin Loch writes:
I did too :)  You are only supposed to vote for one option, one time.
Someone from 207.172.11.233 doesn't understand that so their many
votes were deleted and they can't vote anymore :(

That may have been me -- I'm getting a 403 error there now.

It didn't say anywhere that the user was expected to cast only one vote, and
it didn't try to throw away duplicates if I clicked different options or hit
reload a few times.

How about adding a note on the vote results screen saying that by casting
a vote, you (the user) agree to vote at most once per poll?  That would have
stopped me from stuffing.

--Todd

You mean it recorded additional votes by hitting reload (without exiting
browser or clearing cache)?  It shouldn't do that.  It doesn't let you
vote if you don't get a ballot cookie from the home page (therefore cookies
are working), and When you vote you get a poll cookie so you can't vote again
on that poll (unless you dump all cookies).  How did you do it?

KL