 General / 21941
Re: LEGO Soccer Bus & "Cult" Connection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 16:10:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, Greg Perry writes:

Anyway, I found it interesting that one of the builders was able to insert a
reference to "Bob" in this display that has travelled all around the country.
Of course, I'm posting this message with the realization that the possibility
of getting a LEGO fan to stop obsessing over bricks long enough to check
out "Bob" is about as likely as getting one the SubGenius mutants interested
in playing with LEGO bricks.

Uh.  I saw the light concerning the neverending search for the elusive "slack"
promised by Dobbs way back in high school (89? 90?) and have been an avid
seeker ever since.  Lego is one of the many ways in which I manifest my Slack.
Reading Lugnet at work is just one more.

It could easily be said that I was following the teachings of JR "Bob" Dobbs
when I came out of my Dark Ages, but to be honest I don't know that I ever
*had* a dark ages like so many others- there was a time when I wasn't *buying*
Lego, but that wasn't a lack of interest, it was a lack of money.

eric