 General / 21887
21886  |  21888
Subject:
Insuring LEGO collections
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 18:12:24 GMT

In insuring my contents at my new place, I described to the agent
how many of the sets/pieces I have can't be replaced just by going
to TRU with $5,000.  Yes it would get me about the same AMOUNT
of LEGO, but to replace the actual sets and pieces would take at least
five times as much - if even be possible at all.  The insurance company
won't put $25,000 value on my collection without an appraisal.
I explained that the most qualified person to appraise my collection
is me, (since I know it's contents the best) followed by my friends
in NALug, but the appraisal must of course be done by someone who
is a neutral third party.  Has anyone found a good way around this?

NALug only - The insurance company says someone on Whyte Ave. does
LEGO appraisals.  Any idea who or what store they could be referring to?

SRC