 General / 21858
21857  |  21859
Subject:
Lego at 7-11
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 21:33:33 GMT

About two months ago, I noticed that a 7-11 here in the Arlington, Va area was
selling a Lego set in their small "toy" section. It was #1271, for about $3. I
quickly checked something like 25 more 7-11's, and about 6 were selling a set
each. Always just one, and either #1271 (Adventures Jungle Surprise) or #1096
(race cart).

I, of course, bought them all.  They have never been restocked. The sheer
convenience of buying Lego at a 7-11 made me very happy. For years and years I
have checked every store that has any toy selection at all for Lego's, and
normally the drug stores/convenience stores/grocery, etc, never ever do. They
seemed confined to official Toy Stores.

Never mind that the sets were not really that useful - how can I have a race
with 3 cars all labeled #2?. But anyway, has anyone else seen this?

-Chuck