 General / 21443
Re: Big Blue Gundam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 18:08:57 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Bryce McGlone wrote:
I just posted pictures of my Gundam mech. Find it at

That's so sweet I just got a cavity.  Wow!  I don't typically "Get" Gundam,
but this one rocks.  Your use of slopes and wing pieces are clever -- I'm
grokking the barb-shape on the wing for example, something I'd usually try
to hide but you've used to full potential.  Also, the hands are great --
harking back to Karim's innovative hand design, without being overly
derivative.

One area of this Gundam we're not seeing well is everything below the
waist.  Any chance of seeing ankle articulation on this beast?

Cheers,
- jsproat

Like Sproat, I don't "get" Gundam either - but I know a great model when I see
one.  Excellent job all around.  And I love the head, it really seems to have
character - almost seems something is actually behind those eyes looking out.

My only quibble is the 'radar view' pic - shouldn't that shot just be blank?
You know, stealth and all.  ;-)

-- Terry K --