 General / 21131
    Adding USB ports? —Thomas Main
   I have an older computer which has a motherboard that supports USB ports (according to the manual) but does not have the ports installed. Is it possible/economical to have USB ports installed? Or is there a PCI card that has USB ports on it? LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Adding USB ports? —Andy Lynch
     Hi Thomas, There are PCI add on cards that can give your machine USB ports. I'm not sure how well they work, as I have not used one, but a quick search on Google.com gave me this link ( among others ). (URL) just go to Google and search (URL) Lynch (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Adding USB ports? —Scott Arthur
     (...) USB ports are quite small and easy to miss. So much so that the computer "expert" in my old Dept managed to overlook 2 on a co-workers PC - he then ordered a card with a further 2 on it. All this was a total waste of time as NT does not work (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Adding USB ports? —Andy Lynch
     Hehehe... I HAVE to add on to this. Scott is quite right. I have a PC that I had a small local company build for me a couple of years ago. I looked all over it and could not find any USB ports on it, so I was looking into getting a PCI card with USB (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Adding USB ports? —Steve Bliss
     (...) :) I had that experience with a car stereo, once. I got an econo-box without a radio. Just for the heck of it, I checked behind the speaker grilles, and *amazing*, there were speakers installed. They were even wired. :) One cheap radio later, (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Adding USB ports? —Richard Marchetti
   (...) No and yes -- but that may have nothing to do with it. I sure wouldn't pay anyone to do these things, it's way too easy to just do it yourself. You would do best to check to see exactly what kind of motherboard you have and then establish (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.general)