 General / 20889
Re: Magazine- any intrest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 19:39:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jason Rowoldt writes:
Is this a print, or an online magazine?

Online, If LUGNET,Brickshlef or simillar would host ( Would welcome an offer!)
-Ideally I would like to have it in a format that could be used for both!
(I think this may be a design rather than technical issue?)

What is the subject matter?  Anything lego? A particular genre?

Basic original idea was ANYTHING Lego(R) related. Not limited to a particular
genere.  Given by orignal basis was the Meccano magzine with a Lego slant I
would say that the following topics were also acceptable- NB This is a VERY
limited list.

Architecture
Building Science
Cival Engieering
Aircraft Design
Ships
Football Triva( I inteded to inlcude a coloumn for the Lego(R) Footbal AFOLS)
Bridges
Arechology(With a bulding slant)
Lego(R) History
History(Socical)
Railways.
Legoland(R)
Themed parks.
etc....

See also an earlier posting in Dear Lego on the same topic.- I can't remember
the exact URL.

I'd be interested in contributing, let me know what you want.

See above. Glad to have a contributor :-)

Regarding contributions:-
Send them to the hotmail address as PLAIN text(Not HTML)
If you have pictures to accompany- let me know in advance.- because I don't
think hotmail can handle them easily?

The editor/editors have the right to reject an article submitted
Remember that I am trying to do this for a 'family' auidence.
Essentially the same rules on content and langauge usage apply as on Lugnet
(Note to Todd: Are the guidelines on what is not acceptable for Lugnet?)

IMPORTANT: Please reasonably ensure that your article or contribution is not
infringing any IP or copyright.(This is in light of recent events..)
Jason

I repeat my request that if anyone else wishs to contribute I am more than
happy to accept contributions provided the above conditons are met

If anoyne else is also prepared to help edit such a magazine or provide
technical expertise/assistance I would be very happy.

Like I said in the orignal message (of this thread) I wanted it to be a
community effort!

Thanks in advance :-)

Alex

In lugnet.general, Alex Farlie writes:
This my third posting asking for contriubutions. I only got a single
repsonse form the previous postings and can only assume they got buried.
( TO:  M Edwards, Did you recive the mail I sent. If not there is problem at
hotmail.com ......)

I am trying to create a magazine for the AFOL's along simmilar lines to the
Meccano Mgazine of the early 1950's. Obviosuly modern factors have to be
take in to account :-)

I has hoping that the magazine would be a community effort and hence was
asking for article contruibutions.

I am not aiming at replacing the existing official magazines.

Alex