 General / 20888
Re: Magazine- any intrest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 17:44:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Alex Farlie writes:
This my third posting asking for contriubutions. I only got a single
repsonse form the previous postings and can only assume they got buried.
( TO:  M Edwards, Did you recive the mail I sent. If not there is problem at
hotmail.com ......)

I am trying to create a magazine for the AFOL's along simmilar lines to the
Meccano Mgazine of the early 1950's. Obviosuly modern factors have to be
take in to account :-)

I has hoping that the magazine would be a community effort and hence was
asking for article contruibutions.

I am not aiming at replacing the existing official magazines.

Alex

Alex,

Your post did tweak my interest... in fact some time ago I myself went out and
got hold of an old Meccano Mag to 'see how they did it' with similar thoughts
in mind.

However I have to conclude that while in full time employment (and the editor
of another (not LEGO-related) Club newsletter already), the commitment would
be too much to generate something of sufficient quality. The material is not
the problem, just the time. Perhaps this goes for other LUGNETters too? Maybe
when we're all retired...

Phil in Yorkshire.
PS: I also make a point of visiting local Meccano Club exhibition days here in
the UK, again to 'see how they do it', in case I can pick up any tips for what
we may be doing in years to come.