 General / 2081
Re: NEW Super Car has SIX Gears!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 17:25:52 GMT

From: Jim Wissner <jimbodean@netscape.net>
Mark Koesel writes:
Wow, now I'm even more excited!

Me too!!  I wonder....what do you all make out of the phrase "new hydraulic
system for smoother opening and closing"?  It seems to refer to the doors.

Yeah, it depends on which model you build I think.  On the "main model"
the hydraulics "power" the drop-top.  On the other model, I think you are
correct - it is the doors that are hydraulic.

Might this be real hydraulics to open/close them, or just self-contained
liquid filled pistons/tubes to make moving them feel smooth?

Unfortunately, all evidence suggests the latter, but it is still a
great new part.  Using a few of them to make damped suspension would be
really cool.

Or am I misreading this,
and actually none of the above?

It looks like it is an actual (oil filled?) hydraulic piston.

If it were true, would this not be the
very first time there has been liquid as part of a lego set?

I think so.

Anyway...... who wants to wait until SEPTEMBER!!!   =)

Actually, the realease date is in July for North(/South?) America,
which means they'll probably be available from S@H in June some time. :)

And as far as I know, this is the earliest release date for this set
in any of the regions around the world.