 General / 20696
20695  |  20697
Subject:
LEGO/MLS Soccer Truck Tour Display in Tampa!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.fl.tam, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 01:43:30 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi all,

Just got home from the LEGO/MLS Soccer Truck Tour Display in Tampa at Raymond
James Stadium. Nick, Dennis and I checked out all the displays. And I must say
it was cool, I love all the little things in their inside displays. Like the
man-eating rabbit and passed out drunk soccer fan. The Technic race car is
bigger than I thought. The outside displays were cool too, I think I will have
to get one of those MindStorms cameras:).

We talk with allot of the display workers, but only one really works for the
LEGO Company, the rest work for a sub-contractor based in the mid-west. I
tried to get one of their shirts. But they all told us no way! One of the
workers told Nick that they count all of the shirts and they have to return
them at the end of the tour. Finally I talk with the one real LEGO rep about
getting catalogs or other info to give out at train shows and she told me that
it sounded like a good idea and I should contact LEGO Consumer Affairs. She
mentioned the PNLTC world record event and if I knew about it. I told her yes
and we(GFLTC) sent a boxcar to be in the event. Then she ask if I was a LUGNET
member. I pause for a second in shock and then told her Yes... Yes I am! I
thought it was really cool that she knew about LUGNET.

That’s it for now, I took some pictures, will put them online soon.

Robin W
Greater Florida LEGO Train Club