 General / 20541
Re: Silly Survey at LEGO.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 19:18:38 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Kingsley writes:
Well with all the attention given to the members area of LEGO.com today I
thought I would poke around a little.  Among the somewhat humorous things I
found included a survey that I think most of you will find humorous.

The question is...

"How much time are you on the Internet everyday?"

And the choices for the answers are as follows...

"Less than 10 minutes"

"Between 10 minutes and 30 minutes"

"More than half an hour"

"All the time"

Kind of a big gap between "More than half an hour" and "All the time" I think.
Hmmmm.... Or is that no gap at all???

Here's a link...

http://www.LEGO.com/newstuff/

Kind of screwy I think.  Like a lot of what LEGO seems to come up with.

Well it made me laugh.

Hi Eric,

I agree that their surveys tend to be a little strange, especially the one
that asked "how many sets do you own?" and the max was like 10 or something
goofy...
But you have to keep a few things in mind with surveys of these types,

1. That survey questions are often skewed to produce an answer of a certain
type.

2. could analyze the mode of questioning and determine what result they are
looking for. In this case, they seem to be looking for a lot of "all the time"
answers which will look good when presented to a higher office at the Lego
Company.

3. Sometimes, a survey has only one or two "real" questions in it, and all the
other information is merely there to round out the form and make the responder
feel that their opinion matters on these subjects.  I can't think of any
specific examples of this other than one that takes a long block of exlaining,
so I'll just skip it  :)

it makes me laugh when I see these too, even though they are written that way
on purpose, it looks ridiculous.

cheers!
Joel K
http://minispy.tripod.com