 General / 20299
Re: New Lego Soft (only in Dacta)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dacta, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 22:10:32 GMT

In lugnet.dacta, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
In lugnet.dacta, Steve Martin writes:
Has anyone checked out these new soft foam bricks?  You can see them at:

http://www.constructiontoys.com/products/lego/dacta/soft/index.html

Pretty wild.  And _very_ expensive.  $2 - $3 per brick.

Steve

The idea of making some life sized furniture from them springs to mind.
Wonder if the interlinking would be strong enough to hold a nice comfy lounge
seat together when I sit in it?

regards
lawrence

My son and I had great fun building with these at LEGOLAND last week.  They
had several hundred of these soft bricks there.  They are strong enough to
hold my weight, but I'm not sure that the connection strength would be enough
to hold you leaning against a back-rest built out of them.  I'll have some
pictures in a few days, once I've developed them.

--
  David Schilling