 General / 20088
Re: Picture of the Statue of Liberty
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 07:31:38 GMT

The color is almost EXACTLY what it is supposed to be - weathered copper.  It is a
light-to-medium green with a slight grey tint to it.  Just think of heavily
weathered copper, and THAT is the color.

I can't wait to buy several of this set for highlights on roofs (if not an entire
roof).

I took several pictures of the bricks today, I'll try to take several more on both
digital and film tomorrow to see if I can get one that comes out right.

steve wrote:

The color will be unique to this set and is not like any color I have seen to
date.  It may be similar to teal, but it is not, and its hard to describe.

The cost of the set is somewhere in the neighborhood of $200.  Exclusive to
Lego Direct.

In lugnet.general, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.general, Steve Chuck writes:
I posted the picture of the white prototype of the Statue of Liberty that • will
be available from Lego Direct later this year.  At the bottom are two small
slope pieces which are the actual color of the patina green bricks that the
statue will be made of.

The Statue of Liberty was displayed in the area where pictures were allowed.
Unforturately, I did not get a picture of the mosaic example.

Ooh.. I was in love with this color in my imagination, but, in your photo it
only looked like teal. It's not is it?