 General / 19902
Re: Harry Potter Lego Line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:37:59 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:

There have been posts both for and against this, my take is this... how big of
a LEGO fan is JK Rowlands? What made the Star Wars sets good, supposedly, was
that George Lucas was acting on instructions (from his kids) to veto
bumphf/gafla  and let only the good stuff get made.

Is that the same here? How much of a LEGO Fanatic JK Rowlands is (or her kids
are) hasn't yet come up in the tabloids, has it?

Apologies if I haven't spelled her name right.

It's JK Rowlings, but we'll forgive. :D

I think the main question that should be asked- before yours above- is "Does JK
Rowlings have the same control over her creation that Lucas does?"   I think
that answer to that is probably no, so she herself wouldn't probably have final
say over the set design.

That is a good point, though- the Star Wars sets aren't good necessarily
because they are a license, they are good because LucasFilm quality control
people are very strict- at least, that is a theory I had and have seen
circulating.

The Potter sets might be just as narsty as all the other current Lego sets.

eric