 General / 19869
    New website layout, what you think? —Patrick Justison
   I've posted my most recent webpage layout to get an idea of whether or not people like it. Let me know what you think and remember that this is just a draft, and none of the links work. (URL) J (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

        Re: New website layout, what you think? —Nick Cameron
     Really nice, I can't make websites that good, I don't know enogh HTML. NICK ;^b (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

        Re: New website layout, what you think? —Jeremy H. Sproat
     (...) I like the looks, except for the lack of text. Will the 1x3 slopes eventually swing up upon mouseover to reveal the text for the link? If so, please keep us non-Javascript folks in mind... I was going to raise the issue of bandwidth, but that (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

         Re: New website layout, what you think? —Patrick Justison
     Thanks for responding Jeremy. This is just a draft, or a sketch of the final layout. There will be text to help guide you to the various sub-pages that will appear under the large images. I'll also list some hard link text below so that those too (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

         Re: New website layout, what you think? —Jeremy H. Sproat
     (...) Cool! (...) Well to be honest, I'm running through a T1 line, so I'm not an effective judge of download times. Perhaps when I get my 33.6 hooked up at home again... Personally, I don't mind waiting for a 83K page over the modem. (In fact, I (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

         Re: New website layout, what you think? —Patrick Justison
     comments below (...) I'd be interested in knowing this. I'm happy with anything that is 100kb or less. But I'm an ex-cable modem and new dsl person, so I'd like to hear from the normal modem users. (...) I agree here, with a fast connect/reconnect (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

         Re: New website layout, what you think? —Jeremy H. Sproat
     (...) I'm not entirely sure, though I suspect that PPP or SLIP are not optimized for a protocol like HTTP which makes many new socket connections in a short period of time. I have discovered that telnet and even FTP performace is much better than (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

        Re: New website layout, what you think? —Kyle Keppler
    I like it, i like it! I have a sugestion though, on the edges of most of the images on the left are a little choppy on the edges where the lego meatss the black background. I was thinking a little use of the blur tool in photoshop or PSP would fix (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)