 General / 19930
Re: New website layout, what you think?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 21:01:09 GMT

Thanks for responding Jeremy.  This is just a draft, or a sketch of the final
layout.  There will be text to help guide you to the various sub-pages that
will appear under the large images.  I'll also list some hard link text below
so that those too impatient for the page download can use those.  The current
front page (including all of the images) is 82.5KB.  I was hoping to get it
down to about 60KB or so.  What do you think?

In lugnet.general, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Patrick Justison wrote:
I've posted my most recent webpage layout to get an idea of whether or not
people like it.  Let me know what you think and remember that this is just a
draft, and none of the links work.

I like the looks, except for the lack of text.  Will the 1x3 slopes eventually
swing up upon mouseover to reveal the text for the link?  If so, please keep
us non-Javascript folks in mind...

I was going to raise the issue of bandwidth, but that seems to be less and
less of an issue anymore, especially for someone looking for large color pics
in the first place.  However, a low-bandwidth or zero-graphics option would be
nice IMO.

BTW -- more filling *AND* looks great.  Keep it up!  :-,

Cheers,
- jsproat