 General / 19536
19535  |  19537
Subject:
Opinions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 17:24:18 GMT

I got a good glimpse of the new stuff yesterday thanks to the summer
catalogue, so I feel it is my duty to comment on what I saw. The Star Wars
stuff looks about as I thought it would, but the AAT looks like a very nice
beige service pack. The MTT looks like a brown service pack, but not as nice
model wise as the AAT. The Ultimate Collectors' Series looks surprisingly
disappointing! <dons flame proof jacket> The TIE looks like a nicely done and
cleanly designed model, but the X-Wing looks like a piece of crap! Why are
there so many random pieces just thrown in, and in random colors, too? I know
they wanted to give it an aged and worn look, but come on! The new Adventurers
look surprisingly good. The Island Hopper in particular is very tasty. I think
it may be the first set I get in about seven months. Not only is it less than
10 cents a piece, it is nicely designed and comes with Gail Storm! The Race
sets look very bad to me. Why does one need to be able to play games with a
model in order to enjoy it? Oh well. Also, as for the green haired chick, she
looks surprisingly goth to me. The Technic sets look standard, except for that
new silver race car. It is clearly not a Super Car, so what does it do? It has
steering and suspension and an engine, but is that all? Also, what is that
giant helmet in the picture? Does it come with the set or is it just a graphic
added in? The Robo Riders look pretty weak. Again, why do you need to be able
to play violent games with a model in order to enjoy it? Though they are just
a spin off of Throw Bots, they look nice for parts. Turquoise katanas, lime
green Technic beams, and trans blue spears... tasty. The soccer sets look
okay, but not nearly as nice as the European ones. Ah well. There's always
next year. And maybe by then we will rid ourselves of the juniorization virus.
Greg "Come on movie, just bite me already!" Majewski
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/1888/abs.html