 General / 1888
  Re: FOTW? Nebuala Outpost 6899

(...) Well, that depends. Yeah, I would. I can lose on this one, because I've gotten sets for 90% off. :) Got a ton of Scorpion Detectors last year for $2.50 each. Not bad for a $25+ set. When will TLG learn that their sets in weird packaging sell (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: FOTW? Nebuala Outpost 6899

(...) I thought it was because people mistrust products with "Limited Edition!" plastered all over the box, but there are 50 zillion of them on the shelf, for six months or more. Now the Soccer sets, *those* were limited edition. Steve (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: FOTW? Nebuala Outpost 6899

(...) Call me a sucker if you're just joking about this, but where would one find a deal like that? (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: FOTW? Nebuala Outpost 6899

(...) I got them at Wal-Mart. You can too, if you look hard enough and are lucky enough. That is the best (percentage-wise) clearance price I've gotten in over 2 years of constant diligence, though. Patience and diligence pay off in the end. Lots of (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: FOTW? Nebuala Outpost 6899

Well, a large part of your "luck" is HAVING Walmarts that 1)Stock enough to end up overstocked for clearances 2)Have enough stock to last through several rounds of clearances 3)DON'T have so many people buying Lego locally that nothing last past the (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: FOTW? Nebuala Outpost 6899

(...) Well, yeah, I have to admit that geography does play a role as well. Then again, you ought to be getting a nice bonus this year if you stay through the merger, so what do you need sales for? ;) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)