 General / 18873
Re: Pictures of Lego Soccer Truck Tour
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 10:44:22 GMT

"steve" <sp_888@yahoo.com> writes:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/schuck

3) I'm not sure what the set number is but the Technic Silver
Challenge is dynamite!  The front wheel suspension looks like some
new parts and the dull silver parts makes it great.  It's big,
along the size of the super cars.  I hope its real.

It is real -- I've seen it on an official LEGO site.  (Was it the
Polish LEGO site?  I forget.)

Anyway, this is certainly a very cool vehicle!  Take a look at the
suspension: It has the shock absorbers mounted horizontally, like a
real F1 racer.  And it doesn't have any normal steering wheel: It is
made out of two liftarms and some axles.  Sweet!  I doesn't appear to
have a gear box, though, but it's hard to tell from the images.

I didn't really feel like buying the 8448 when it came (and I still
don't have it), but this model may get into my house.  It appears to
be extremely well engineered and has cool looks.

Great images!  Thanks for the view.

Fredrik