 General / 18832
18831  |  18833
Subject:
Baseplate research (sort-of)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 11:40:05 GMT

So, a few days ago, I got a Poolside paradise (<set:6416>), after wanting it
for 8 years (thanks-so-much, Chris!!). Only then it hit me, that it has the
same baseplate (BP, as I call 'em) as the Sphinx SS set, <set:5978>. I was
told it also comes with <set:4293>.
Are there any other sets in which this mold BP appeared?

Also, I realized that the infamous CRAPP appeared in a whole lot of sets, much
more than I expected. I've seen one in a spyrius set, the DM fortress, Fort
Eldorado (IIRC)... which other sets?

Thinking about other raised BPs, a few molds come to mind, like the recent
hills-and-valley BP that was used in the new amazon, castle and RR sets.
Also, the curved-hills-and-valley mold was used, AFAIK, in the Islanders set
<set:6278>, in the Dark Forest set, the Aquazone set(s?), and possibly the
Xtreme Team set (?).

This is only natural, of course, it would be a waste for TLC to create a mold
for one set only...

An exception to this might be the <set:6090> BP. I can't for the life of me
think of another set in which it appeared, in fact I think there isn't one.
Hmmm... who knows, maybe we'll see it next year, in purple, starring in a new
alien life-form theme. ;-)

Are there other BPs that I missed? I don't have lots of older sets, so any
info would be appreciated.

-Shiri