 General / 18915
Re: Baseplate research (sort-of)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 17:38:14 GMT

Jonathan Wilson wrote:

Also, I realized that the infamous CRAPP appeared in a whole lot of sets, much
more than I expected. I've seen one in a spyrius set, the DM fortress, Fort
Eldorado (IIRC)... which other sets?
it was used in:
6081 kings mountain fortress
6082 fire breathing fortress
6086 black knights castle
6273 deep reef refuge
6276 eldorado fortress
6277 imperial trading post
6988 alpha centauri outpost
6983 ice station odyssey
6959 lunar launch site
6991 unitron monorail

6276 and 6277 share the same printing and colors
6273 is the same printing as 6276
I believe others use this same printing
I think some of the castle sets share the same printing (and colors)

Also, the curved-hills-and-valley mold was used, AFAIK, in the Islanders set
<set:6278>, in the Dark Forest set, the Aquazone set(s?), and possibly the
Xtreme Team set (?).
this was used in:
6079 dark forest fortress
6195 neptune discovery lab, AFAIK the only system set to include 2
raised baseplates!
6199 hydronauts base
6584 extreme team canyon challenge
6218 pirates base • 6281
6278 enchanted island

6281 and 6278 share the same printing and colors.
6195 and 6199 share the same printing

this plus the 3 for the small baseplate used in the poolside paradise,
adv set etc, the 6090 base and the 3 for the new one for 99 covers the
complete list of raised baseplates except for duplo and scala.

oops, nearly forgot about the crater plate but that doesnt count

I would count the crater plate (both versions thereof).

You missed the raised baseplate in the tub (don't know the set number
off the top of my head since I have the plates but not the set) which
has the same large raised portion as the curved-hills-and-valley
baseplate, but does not have the small raised portion on the inside of
the curve, and does not have an unstudded area.

Other raised baseplates I'm aware of (can find in Pause):

3117 Scala Flashy Pool
5808 The Enchanted Palace
2604 DUPLO Dino World
2665 DUPLO Wild Cat Mountain (I've never seen this one)
2668 DUPLO Children's Zoo
2669 DUPLO Maxi-Zoo (same plate as 2668)
2834 DUPLO Meadowseet's Home (this may not technically be a raised
baseplate, I'm not sure if it actually has any studs though it does use
DUPLO plates to make a studded area on top)

There is also a more recent zoo set, which I'm not sure which set it is
since there isn't a picture in Pause, as well as the current water park
tub (I forget if it has a baseplate).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com