 General / 18828
Re: My vehicles on brickshelf gallery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 07:06:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Gianluca Morelli" <moebiusring@yahoo.it> writes:

In lugnet.general, Tore Eriksson writes:

Yeah! That Citroën, "Toad" as we call the here in Sweden, is a real
masterpiece!

And if you want to build it,Tore,you can find the instructions in the
"Sketches" folder. [...]  www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gm

I think Tore was refering to the Citroën DS, not the H van.  The
Citroën DS is generally called "toad" in Norway (and in Sweden,
apparently), because of the shape of the headlights and the bonnet.

Oooops!There's been a little mistake by me...I tought that Tore was speaking
about the van...
In Italy we call the DS "squalo" that means "shark".What does "toad" mean?

BTW, your Citroën DS model is really cool in my opinion.  Did you make
the rear wheel covers by using a 1x2 thinwall panel upside down?

Yes.

And what kind of wheels do you use?  Are they old style town wheels?

Great work!

Fredrik

No,there's no standard wheels in it.Both front and rear wheels are made with a
slick tyre around a 1x1 "button"piece (two ones for front wheels).
Front wheels are fixed to a technic half-peg (the one with a stud) and rear
wheels to a technic 3/4 peg (dark grey one).Those peg rotate in the hole of
technic bricks. In particular the technic brick for front wheels is
upside-down,this allowing the different height of body between front and back.
Building instructions,anyway,are arriving.

Regards
Gianluca