 General / 18653
  Lego Studio

A new item on Lego's web site. Here's the link... (URL) disappointing thing is that they have once again given the Mac a cold shoulder. I would hope that the USB camera is standardized? If there is such a thing as a standard USB digital camera? (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Studio

(...) Wow! The Lego studio looks fun and will likely spawn all types of creative Lego movies. Perhaps an innovative 'Lugnetter' will start a Napster-like movie search engine or an independent Lego film site! Perhaps one day we can have a Lego (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Studio

(...) I got dibs on Titanbric!!!! ;-) Actually, I've built the hull of the model, and now just need to put the superstructure on. I don't know if I'll make seperate sets for the Grand Staircase, dining room, staterooms, and various other places yet. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.general)

  Why Lego hates educators (was Re: Lego Studio)

(...) I'm surprised at the lack of sensitivity Lego and Spielberg have shown in this area, even though I shouldn't be. Lego has always touted itself as a foundation in the education market, but when it comes to their computer products, TLG shows the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Why Lego hates educators (was Re: Lego Studio)

This article should probably be headed "Two-faced Nicholas Allan" (readers of British Airways 'Business Life' magazine will understand what I mean). I'm probably interpreting this argument wrongly, but it is fairly apocalyptic to say that by (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Why Lego hates educators (was Re: Lego Studio)

Dave, I'll have to agree with Nicholas, 90% of the "government" schools in my area are using PC platforms now, and I think its safe to say that the percentage of homes are also PC based. So I wouldn't group the education market and Macs together. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jun-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Why Lego hates educators (was Re: Lego Studio)

Nicholas pointed out something I find to be most confusing. LEGO has Macintosh software that controlls theMindstorms computer brick. They even have an IR tower for serial port equiped Macs (I do not think there is any Mac support for the USB IR (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jun-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Why Lego hates educators (was Re: Lego Studio)

Yes, they do make such software, but it is never advertised and rarely mentioned in any of TLG's PR material. Generally speaking, when you wish to garner support for your product, you let people know it's available rather than make them hunt for the (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jun-00, to lugnet.general)