 General / 18144
Re: Two vehicle sketches on brickshelf gallery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 08:05:25 GMT

gianluca morelli <moebiusring@yahoo.it> writes:

The second sketch shows an italian small 3 wheeler lorry, Ape (it
means "bee") by Piaggio,that is very popular in Italy ,expecially
in small towns ,and is still produced after 50 (!) years.

This one is quite well designed in my opinion!  The windscreen works
nicely on a model like this.

BTW, I thought "vespa" meant "bee" in Italian?

I seem to remember that there was a couple of three-wheeled lorries at
some Japanese site as well.  Could it have been KEN-TUCKY WORKS?

Ah, yes, here's a túk-túk like model at:

    http://member.nifty.ne.jp/ken-tucky/WORKS/6265.html

and a lorry at

    http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/ha/hj22438/WORKS/0030.html

I also have a túk-túk, but it's nowhere like minifig scale!  ;-)

Fredrik