 General / 18037
18036  |  18038
Subject:
translation site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 7 May 2000 16:23:57 GMT

Can anyone recommend a good translation website?  Would it be possible to
have a link to one somewhere at Lugnet?  Is there one here already that I
have missed?  I have been enjoying comparing the text of the late 1970's &
early 1980's catalogues at Brickshelf.com.  Unfortunately, I can only
compare the English and the French.   The English text from US and UK
catalogues in some instances seems quite different from the French text in
the EUR catalogues.   The French is almost poetic.  I am curious how the
French compares to the Italian? and German? and Dutch? and ????
I am  just another language impared American ;-)   looking for the easy way
out.   Even my French is at the most elementary level from high school and
college, eons ago...   I can read it, however the ability to speak French
and write it are long gone...   Somehow those skills never made it to my
long term memory

tia
sheree