 General / 17510
Re: Pronunciation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 23:08:33 GMT

James Brown skrev i meddelandet ...

It does prompt me to ask something I've been curious about for a while,
though...How is "LEGO" pronounced in different countries?

OK, let's see... Nope, I can't find any English word that sounds like our E
and O.

The L is an L (on the tongue tip)
The E is not like lee, lemming, flea - maybe like beer? (But not quite, it's
longer and flatter (no diphthongs involved))
The G as in Good
The O is not like oh, good, god, order - maybe like goof? (-"-)

In Swedish we have these difficult (for other people) accents, the word LEGO
has sort of an accent both on the E and the O.

The Danish is probably quite like the Swedish (but completely impossible to
hear or understand, of course :-)

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm