 General / 17500
Re: Pronunciation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 18:02:39 GMT

In lugnet.znap, Nick Goetz writes:
I am just clueless on this one. What is the right way to pronounce "Znap"

Is it "Z"-nap, Snap, or do you blend the "Z" into the "nap" for an awkward
word that sounds like snap but with a "z" in place os the "s."

Anyone have the answer?

(nope)

It does prompt me to ask something I've been curious about for a while,
though...How is "LEGO" pronounced in different countries?

I know that everyone I know here (in Canada) pronounces it 'lay go', and I
suspect the same pronunciation holds across other English-speaking countries.
However, when I was in the Netherlands a while back, my (wife's) cousins
pronounced it 'lay ho'.

Are there any other variations out there?

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/
I'm getting paid for this --> alladvantage.com
Sign up via me, the reference $$ go to fund Lugnet.