 General / 1719
Re: Whither Pause?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 05:28:55 GMT

"Jeff Stembel" <Dragonelf1@aol.com> writes:

Before I get started, I have a couple things to ask:

1.  Should I stick to the same format as in the previous ones?
2.  For the new elements section, would new colors for special (gems, for
instance) be good or bad?

Pretty much anything goes as long as everything is coherent and relevant in
an overview capacity and is divided nicely into digestable portions to read
(that is, reasonably short paragraphs of correct English sentences).

But I'd say don't worry about the formatting at all (just the content for
now) and describe anything that seems interesting -- whether that's new
colors for gems or new box thickness or whatever.

3.  Could someone e-mail me scans of the logos for new themes and sub-themes
(about 250 pixels wide)?

I haven't made any yet, but maybe someone else has.(?)  But I have to say
I'm a lot more excited about theme logos someday later appearing on
theme-specific homepages (1 per page) than all together on one big tall
slow-loading overview page.

4.  Any other suggestions?

I think it would be good to post one or more drafts here (or lugnet.publish)
and solicit comments on the content, since the breadth of the product
coverage is so large.  Making a news posting also eliminates dependencies on
any formatting and keeps things as close as possible to pure ASCII text,
which maximizes options of later re-use in other places such as theme-
specific homepages and product-line/programme/system summaries.

Thanks!
Jeff

P.S.  I'd prefer it if you emailed me with your thoughts.  It'd make my life a
little easier!

(I cc'd you on this post.)

--Todd