 General / 17112
Re: Part IDs needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 14:27:06 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Whytcross, Benjamin wrote:

G'day,

I've got the following parts, and I can't seem to find what sets they are
from. Any help regarding the sets, and if possible, inventories of these
sets would be appreciated.

Part 1:
white 1x8 brick with 'GARAGE' in thin black text, taking the equivalent of
the centre 1x4 section.

Part 2:
white 4x8 plate with one corner curved off [curve taken out of 4x4 end
section]. This piece has a 'latice' type base instead of cylinders, and has
an older style 'LEGO' moulding on studs.

These two parts are used in numerous early sets and also parts packs. A
couple of the sets using these parts:

Gary Istok can come up with many more I'm sure.

Part 3:
2 clear/smokey 2x2 plates attatched by thin plastic 'rod'. Plates have no
way of connecting to parts below them, but have studs on top.

As others have mentioned, these are used as trailer hitches, and I think
the earliest trains used them (I'm not sure, we had an early train when
I was a kid, and I remember this part, but we also had a fire engine
with trailer, so something else may have been used for the train).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com