 General / 16745
RE: Minifig What scale are they??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 16:04:56 GMT

The classic LEGO scale (1 door = 3 bricks high) used by LEGO from 1955-1972 is
in almost perfect HO train scale.

This fact was hammered home after I did a couple of thinkgs on the weekend.

1. Played with my kids and build another 4-stud wide big rig. Small, realistic,
   high vroomability factor.

2. Started sorting my kids LEGO and found selection of Classic windows and
   doors in red and yellow.

3. Had a brainstorm and took out a section of old HO track and a boxcar and noticed
   that the boxcar was almost exactly 4 studs wide.

This got me to thinking about how neat it would be to hack a cheap loco and
attack it to a 4stud wide plate and make a LEGO train that runs on standard
HO track......

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>