 General / 16700
  LEGO availability in Europe vs. US

There used to be many sets (like the 12V train sets) that you couldn't get in the US that were available in Europe. I haven't known this to be the case lately. I'm planning on going to Europe soon. Does anyone know if there are sets I should watch (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO availability in Europe vs. US

(...) None. The US gets a greater selection than Europe now. However, in Europe, since they don't have S@H, you will see a great assortment in stores. And look for old sets, not very common in the US, but finding an old set from as far back as the (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO availability in Europe vs. US

I _think_ the cybermaster set (or add-ons) is not available in the US. It is discounted right now to ~$100. In the US, also, you do not get the 4560 - but this is no big deal as you have the 4561. Scott A "Brad Hamilton" <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO availability in Europe vs. US

(...) It is (or was). LEGOWorldshop.com had it, and I think S@H might have sold it, though they never did advertise it. (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO availability in Europe vs. US

(...) get (...) I (...) look (...) far (...) my (...) :-))) Should Brad or any of you ever plan a trip to Italy, our ItLUG community ((URL) welcomes you and will be glad to help with suggestion about how and where to look for old sets. We now have (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

Scott A <s.arthur@hw.ac.uk> wrote in message news:Frx54C.Hut@lugnet.com... (...) is (...) Cybermaster was (is?) available last year at Zany Brainy stores in PA. (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO availability in Europe vs. US

(...) Actually it is a big deal, I'd much rather not buy yet another controller... (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO availability in Europe vs. US

Hey - Those controllers are great for running extra lights and motors. In fact, on my old layout, I used my train controller to control some motors on wind-mills because it made them run at a very slow speed, and I used one of my mindstorms outputs (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO availability in Europe vs. US

(...) Yes, but how many of them do you have collecting dust? I have 7 or so of them doing NOTHING. I have 2 RIS 1.0's, and 2 MRC powerpacks used for my Lego train control. The Lego ones are clunky in comparison, and they only have 5 speed steps. (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)