 General / 16446
Re: New Mania Magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 01:32:40 GMT

So, where can I get that magazine.  Is that the one that comes with being in
the LEGO club?

Are copies of this publication available on the web?

thanks

Will Hess <willhess@simflex.com> wrote in message
The mailman just left me a copy of the March - April issue.  Follow me as • I
take you through it :-)

page 2  - So, where's Boba Fett's BlasTech EE-3 rifle?  They said it • "never
leaves his hand."

page 7 (middle)  - They made Han look like a town cutie!

page 9  - From this angle the Falcon looks halfway decent...but that • cockpit
is awful!

page 12 - Look at all that non-Lego!  There's the spear on the Jet Rider,
the helmet on Iron Giant, and a clone brick (okay, it's a window, not a
brick) on the Blazer.   BTW, that Iron Giant is pretty cool!

page 13  - Call me a cynic, but that Magic Kingdom looks pretty darn good
for a six-year old.  BTW, get a good look at that train (not the monorail,
the train!).  The Pirate is nice...wonder what he thinks of Pokemon :-)
Even though I despise the subject matter, I'll have to say that Gyarados
does look pretty spiffy.

page 15  - AhHA!  I KNEW there was a good model lurking inside that box. • Is
it just me, or is that sticker on the side of the hosereel (btw the
windshield and first leg) an inverted star?  Whatever it is, it's not • Lego!

page 16  - Nice dino!  I think I'm gonna build me one.

page 17  -  What an uninspiring ad!  Does that model (and I use the term
loosely) use any specialty parts from the Mars Expansion set?

Well, that about covers it for me.  I think I'll go build that dinosaur • now.

Will

Lego Beach Department of Emergency Services
www.crosswinds.net/~hokie