 General / 16389
    Re: If TLG was going to cease production of any 5 pieces which ones should they be? —Brad Hamilton
    Aaron Hines <geraden22@juno.com> wrote in message news:FrF7Ew.GMA@lugnet.com... (...) The super-tall column is a GREAT piece! I'm using it in several town and castle buildings and would like to have more! (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: If TLG was going to cease production of any 5 pieces which ones should they be? —Shiri Dori
   (...) Sure, they're nice pieces... but you can easily make them by using 2x2 rounds and a technic axle for strength... allows you to do them at any height whatsoever. -Shiri (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: If TLG was going to cease production of any 5 pieces which ones should they be? —Lindsay Frederick Braun
    (...) Yeah, but despite that, I still like the single piece for stability. It's supporting all three masts on Gloire: (URL) think that 2x2 rounds, while they'd still be nice, wouldn't work nearly as well for what I'm doing. The square base really (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: If TLG was going to cease production of any 5 pieces which ones should they be? —Shiri Dori
   (...) I know what you mean, and in fact I like the piece too... I was just pointing out why some people don't like the piece. and also it's nice to know about the 2x2 rounds... I was really glad to find that out because I wanted columns at different (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: If TLG was going to cease production of any 5 pieces which ones should they be? —Brad Hamilton
   Not to contradict myself, but I recently had some engineering problems with the big column piece. I was trying to create an octogonal colonnade. I got the bricks to line up, but the big column pieces just kept pushing out on the top or bottom. I (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)