 General / 15828
Re: Repairing minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 00:09:49 GMT

In lugnet.build.minifigs, Will Hess writes:
I'm not too sure which glue would work best
<snippycanoe and Tyler too>
Liquid model cement (*!*NOT*!* the kind in the orange or blue tubes) should
work for this application, though I'd recommend hieing yourself down to your
local plumbing supply and finding some liquid ABS cement. Also cyanoacrylate
("Super" type) adhesives would be an acceptable substitute. Though, as always
when working with 'instant' adhesives, take care not to get any on your
fingers, lest you end up permanently attached to your LEGO... though maybe
that's not a bad idea... *smirk*

<more snips>
I'd let it set for a day or so before trying to reassemble it.
<yet more>

Yes, by all means let it set at least 24 hours, or as recommended on the
container for your adhesive.

<ka-huh-snip!>
Be aware that removing the arms at a later time will almost
certainly split the seam again.
<ssssnip!>

I feel that repaired LEGO should be cared for as a war veteran who has been in
one too many battles; my 'fixed' LEGO bricks are all now 'retired' to display
status.

-Cheese