 General / 15588
Re: an update -- and an apology
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 16:51:09 GMT

Jeff Stembel wrote:

In lugnet.dear-lego, Brad Justus writes:
To everyone at LUGNET:

My apologies for what may have been the longest recorded case of AFK ("away
from the keyboard") in recent memory. But believe me, it was all in a good
cause - I think all LEGO enthusiasts (and particularly AFOLs) will be pleased
with the plans we are now putting into action.

<major snippage>

Among other activities, we will be helping to enable and participate in LEGO
communities for older (i.e. adult) enthusiasts, and we will create (over time)
products and other offerings with specific appeal to this group. This means
not only bulk buying, but perhaps exclusive playthemes or product lines that
are made even more valuable by the participation and input of the community.

Yay!  "Real" town buildings (stores, houses, office buildings, and apartments),
please!  And remember, as adults, we are more able to spend money on large LEGO
sets.  If the model and part selection is good, I certainly wouldn't mind
spending $200 on an office building or something.  :)

Jeff

Perhaps some exclusive architecture sets are a possiblility.  Here are a few
examples:

Ancient Greek/Roman Set:  2000 pieces:

400 2x2 white round bricks
200 1x1 white round bricks
100 assorted white arches
200 assorted white low sloped bricks
400 assorted gray low sloped bricks
200 assorted white tiles
100 assorted gray tiles
100 assorted white steep sloped bricks
100 assorted white plates
100 assorted gray plates
100 miscellaneous white pieces (white fence pieces, white curved bricks, etc)

Skyscraper Set:  2000 Pieces

700 2x2 windows (name your color) and a few doors
1000 assorted white bricks (1x1, 1x2, 1x4, 1x6, 1x8)
200 assorted white tiles
100 miscellaneous white pieces (white fences, curved bricks, round bricks, arches).

Gary Istok