 Dear LEGO / 1613
Re: an update -- and an apology
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 16:03:21 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Brad Justus writes:
To everyone at LUGNET:

My apologies for what may have been the longest recorded case of AFK ("away
from the keyboard") in recent memory. But believe me, it was all in a good
cause - I think all LEGO enthusiasts (and particularly AFOLs) will be pleased
with the plans we are now putting into action.

We (or I) understand.  Being a senior VP probably keeps you busy, and you are
still working on solidifiy LEGO Direct.  I think the anticipation is just
killing us.  :)

Among other activities, we will be helping to enable and participate in LEGO
communities for older (i.e. adult) enthusiasts, and we will create (over time)
products and other offerings with specific appeal to this group. This means
not only bulk buying, but perhaps exclusive playthemes or product lines that
are made even more valuable by the participation and input of the community.

Yay!  "Real" town buildings (stores, houses, office buildings, and apartments),
please!  And remember, as adults, we are more able to spend money on large LEGO
sets.  If the model and part selection is good, I certainly wouldn't mind
spending $200 on an office building or something.  :)

We intend also to provide support, either financial or otherwise, to as many
of the LEGO communities and clubs out there (both online and off) as we can.

Would Rules-of-Conduct be required if a group wished to get this support?

And what (I hear you saying) about bulk buying? Well, it's definitely
happening. We are working right now on determining how many items we can offer
initially - though I should tell you, it will necessarily be a limited number
at first as we test our manufacturing and distribution capabilities for this.

I don't mind, as long as it eventually progresses into having more and more
parts available.  Also, don't discontinue Service Packs.  They are valuable for
getting items that we only want in low quantities, such as minifig accessories.

Until then, keep playing well. And I promise not to be absent for so long a
time ever again.

-- Brad

Brad Justus
Senior Vice President, LEGO Direct
legodirect@lego.com

Well, keep up the good work and keep us informed!  We certainly appreciate all
the effort you seem to be putting into this!

Jeff
http://members.xoom.com/aulddragon/