 General / 15118
15117  |  15119
Subject:
X.com free money offer ends today.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 17:55:45 GMT

OK, this is a replacement post for a very hastily worded post I made a
while back.

While I don't feel that my previous post, which will be cancelled once I
am done, was anywhere close to off topic for groups other than
market.auction... I will do my best to make sure that this post is OK.

Anyway, X.com, which is an internet bank, is giving away free money. 20
bucks to be exact. But it ends today. If you want this free money you
have to sign up TODAY. The offer expires today and PayPal's 10 buck
offer is likely to expire soon too.

I don't know about you but when someone gives away 20 bucks for getting
a checking account which is itself free, that seems a bit more
newsworthy than just the market hierarchy, which is why I included
general. FUT to market.shopping, though.

Lots of people have set up various offers to rebate part of their
payment. Here are all that I know of

John Neal will give you 4 red train windows and glass if you sign up via
him. You have to give him the 20 you get free as well as letting him
keep the referral.

http://www.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=4720

Ben Roller will give you 1 grey (metroliner) window and glass if you go
via him. You have to give him the 20 you get free as well as letting him
keep the referral. Only the first 4 respondents, though. You may want to
note him to see if he's still offering.

http://www.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=4721

Doug Finney is offering 6 of your referral bonus both for X and for
PayPal, a credit card payment service, back to you, meaning you end up
with 42 bucks total between them if you act today.

http://www.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=4731

Finally, there's me. I am only offering 5 back each, meaning you end up
with 40 total. 50/50 seems fair to me. Here are my referral links, which
I now had time to go dig out.

https://www.x.com/new_account.asp?Referrer=lar@voyager.net

https://secure.paypal.com/auction/pal=lar%40voyager.net

Now, if you want to know MORE about PayPal or X, I feel I have really
good writeups of them. My website has a very detailed one for X.

http://my.voyager.net/lar/factor_about_x_com.html

But the only place I have the writeup for Paypal is on a current auction
listing on eBay. Now, I personally feel that giving an auction listing
in the context of a different discussion is perfectly fine. However,
there are a few people who feel that it may be improper, and one of them
is Todd. It's his sandbox. So while I may well debate the point with
him, he's called it and I will abide.

So if you want to read what I wrote you are going to have to go do the
work of finding the listing yourself. There are lots of posts on various
groups that will lead you to the listing, or to a list of all my current
auctions, from which you can find it, or just go to eBay and search for
it... you'll have to guess what I am selling because we can't go making
it too easy or one would get the impression I am flogging my wares...
:-) which I am not.

You also can just go read about X and paypal yourself.  x.com and
paypal.com will get you there. Then come back here and choose a
lugnetter to refer via

So, if you live in the US you ought to consider signing up for these
TODAY.

Choose a Lugnetter to go through... All 4 of us need the money... or
choose someone else who you know is already in, but don't leave the
referral bonus on the table. :-)

I'm sorry that when I composed the last one, I literally had about 5
minutes of net access total from when I found out that X was going away
and to when I had to give up the connection... which was why it was
rather hasty. That caused an uproar which I regret.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!