 General / 15043
    Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn —James Brown
   (...) (3 URLs) before you leap, please. While I will conceed that it isn't much of a pain for me to hit the delete key, it is a pain for me to hit the delete key several times a day. It is a pain to have to set up filters, and potentially miss mail (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn —Jeremy H. Sproat
   (...) Agreed 100%. The biggest thing about spam that just steams me is the cost-shifting of advertising. In a traditional marketing situation, the advertiser pays the expense of hawking his product. With spam, the advertiser spends *nothing* -- all (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn —Bill Farkas
   Hello Jeremy, First let me apologize, I agree with many of the replies that it was not a gentlemanly thing for me to have publicly criticized you in such a fashion. I meant you no disrespect personally, it's very easy to become dettached when you're (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn —Jeremy H. Sproat
   (...) No offense taken. (...) But it is relevant to those of us who are employed in the computer networking industry. I, as a developer / administrator of networking technology, have a responsibility to myself and my career to ensure that wanton and (...) (24 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)